A2A Simulations' hit Accu-Feel v1.0 now has an upgrade with Accu-Feel v2 Air, Land and Sea. It has many exciting enhancements over the existing version, giving FSX even more realism than before.
Some of the features include the following:
- Simple, safe non-destructive installation leaves all of your aircraft directories untouched (aircraft.cfg, panel.cfg, etc. are not changed)
- Works with almost all FSX aircraft. Tested with both default and over forty 3rd party aircraft.
- Easy to use GUI (Graphical User Interface) allows for easy (and fun) customization of any aircraft
- Saves aircraft automatically
- Built using the Accu-Sim sound system, which is the most powerful sound system available and is already used safely on thousands of FSX installations
- Ground physics for both on and off pavement for both tricycle and tail dragger airframes bucks your airplane around, making just taxiing a quality experience
- Dynamic tire screeching and rub sounds tied into the physics of each tire, which makes every landing not just feel different, but sound different. You have more feel for exactly how well you are controlling your aircraft, both big and small. New side forces add even more dynamics when side-loading the landing gear.
- Runway / pavement seams send dynamic jolts through your airframe that you can both feel and hear
- Water physics including dynamic wave size and speed, adds immersion for those who love to land on the water
- Turbulence modeling adds a feel based on our own experiences owning and operating aircraft
- Physics-driven sound system
- Cabin sounds from an old classic planes (bag of bolts) to the more modern, stronger pressurized tube liners, both on the ground and in the air
- Dynamic wind gives a strong sense of how your aircraft is flying, giving feel to everything from a glider to a commercial airliner
- Fuselage drag rumble is dynamically created, recreating the dropping of flaps, gear, or high pressures developed when approaching an airframe's Vne (Never Exceed Speed). Both IAS and Mach limits are simulated
- Stall buffet and sounds creep in before the airplane stalls, giving you better feel and control of the aircraft while flying “on the edge”
- Brake squeals and vibrations
- Open cockpit experience, which allows you to hear the suction of the wind, deep wind, propeller, or turbojet whine when opening a canopy or door
Existing users of 1.0 can upgrade for $5, while the cost for new customers is $19.99 and available on their site as well as third party software sites such as FSPilotShop.
A2A has the manual for 2.0 located here which outlines many of the features.
Running Accu-Feel doesn't really diminish the frame rate with FSX and adds a whole new dimension to your flight simming experience. With 2.0 there are new turbulence modeling effects that have been included, making flying feel even more realistic. With these types of effects the entire aircraft moves, not just your viewpoint like with add-ons such as EZdok. With these types of effects now included in FSX you should find yourself having more difficulty flying in high wind situations. As an example, you could launch REX Essentials, download the winds and weather. Lets say the winds are 20 knots, you could then take the Cessna 172 up for a spin and watch now how the plane reacts to the winds. It should struggle depending on the wind speed and bounce around in the air more than ever before. For comparison, turn Accu-feel off and fly the same route. The results should be rather different making Accu-Feel 2.0 a worthy add-on. Watch the video below for an example of this.
As with version 1.0 you can still access the in game control panel for complete control over the various effects:
Source: A2A Simulations
Use this QR code in a QR reader application on mobile to open quickly on a mobile device