Rex Game Studios has released their updated photorealistic, hi-def weather and texture package along with flight planning ability for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D.
Rex Overdrive includes 14Gb of textures, real world and random weather generation, built-in FlightAware flight planning, environment and weather related sounds. The updated Overdrive package is free to existing owners of Rex Essential. If a first time buyer, the Essential plus Overdrive is around $45 online at various sources. The full package with download files is here or from FSPilotshop as two examples.
The upgrade installer is available through the REX support Forums. You must be a verified member then after verification the download links will be here. Click this link to become a verified forum member.
If you download the full installation, then you have to uninstall the old version first, however, if you downloaded a patch, then you simply need only install the patch and it will upgrade your existing Rex Essential to Rex Essential Plus (Overdrive).
Here is a list of some of the changes and additions to the new version:
- ADDED new process for downloading archived weather directly from REX EDGE data servers
- ADDED new synoptic and micro weather station processes that will allow for trans-oceanic flights utilizing real weather. This allows for experiencing the effect of weather fronts.
- ADDED Weather Engine Plus, which is a second weather engine mode that utilizes weather themes for injection of weather. This is a fast process with no impact on FPS.
- ADDED Download center.
- ADDED new Database Maintenance Tool to optimize the database.
- UPDATED Flight Center to include temperatures aloft and windows aloft from the interface with the NAV log.
- UPDATED Flight Center with updated current SIDS/STARS/Intersections/Waypoints for more accurate flight plans.
- FIXED periodic freezing and slow downloads and a whole host of other fixes which you can view here.
Use this QR code in a QR reader application on mobile to open quickly on a mobile device